Nikki Gil has been quiet about her breakup with Billy Crawford but she did say a mouthful during a press interview at her launch as the new brand ambassador of Maldita.
Sporting a sexy-abs-showing get-up, she was asked if she ever thought “look at me now and feel sorry for yourself?”
She replied no and explained, “Mararamdaman mo lang naman yun if you want the person back. Okay na yun. Iwanan na natin yun. Parang di ko na iniisip yun. It’s such a waste of time. Parang for me just be happy. And I’m not doing this for anyone else. I try to stay fit for myself. This is clearly for the brand.”
Nikki’s sexier self also adheres to her beliefs that women faced with challenges “bring out a certain courage, a certain strength and a certain drive to better themselves” like what happened to her. She also described herself to be more confident now.
She also shunned questions about her past with Billy. She stressed that she could only talk about her experience and how she survived but nothing about him. Rather than dwell in her past, Nikki said that she’d rather “use that nightmare and turn it to something good.”
“I would like to turn it to something good and turn it to a story to inspire other women. And I’m sure a lot of women can relate to that. Yeah I just want to turn it to something good. Maraming tweet sa akin that they’re going through the same thing so I just want to encourage them that it’s not the end of the world and you can bounce back as quickly that I’ve been able to. Life goes on. Learn to be happy. Everyone has their own story. I don’t know what’s going on that side if the fence. All I’m concerned about is what’s going on with me, in my life,” she opined.
Nikki stressed that she has already moved on because she can discuss what happened to her openly. She even looks at the whole thing from a far perspective or as an outsider already.
“You know you have moved on when you can look back at the past and laugh at the kind of wreck you were,” said Nikki.
Of course there was pain when their five-year relationship ended. But she was thankful that she didn’t turn into someone who was bitter nor went through a “I don’t want to date anymore stage” or a man-hater. It may be hard to believe but she remained thankful for the experience.
As she expounded, “Parang for me I just want to be thankful. Meron nga akong nabasa ‘You know you are the center of God’s will if you’re just grateful with everything that’s happening in your life.’ For me God has been too good to me all throughout everything and meron pang bonus. Ang bait-bait mo naman sa akin. You give me such a good life you saved me from whatever eto pa may bonus pa!”
Aside from hosting and performing every Sunday in “ASAP,” Nikki is part of ABS-CBN’s primetime series “Maria Mercedes.” And now she is the face of Maldita.
With regards to her love life, she said that she is dating but nothing serious. “Traumatized” by her past relationship, she’d rather not date anyone from showbiz yet.
So is she single and happy?
“Yes, I’m enjoying it.”
Has Nikki Gil turned maldita?
Source: Mb.com.ph (November 07, 2013 at 11:59AM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment