Monday, March 31, 2014

Pia Wurtzbach hints she’s done with pageants after shocking loss in Bb. Pilipinas


Pia Wurtzbach during the Bb Pilipinas 2014 swimsuit competition on Sunday. (Photo by Rhoy Cobilla)



Hours after her shocking loss in the Bb. Pilipinas 2014 beauty pageant where she was widely considered a shoo-in for one of its five crowns, Pia Wurtzbach took to social media to thank her supporters and hint that her days as a beauty pageant contestant may be over.


“GRATEFUL that I was able to experience what it’s like to be a part of the pageant world. When I placed 1st RU last year, I gave all my time, effort & love to my job. I had so much fun! I just tried again because I wanted to know of this was really meant for me. But how do you know if you don’t take chances, right? I’m glad I made it this far. No doubt that I learned so much from it. I’m a better person now than I was a year ago. Thank you to my mentors from Aces & Queens for teaching me everything I know & transforming me! & to my supporters for pushing me & encouraging me. THANK YOU!! Time to turn the page & move on to a new chapter!” went her latest post on Instagram.



Five hours before that, the 24-year-old Filipino-German from Cagayan de Oro City, who is also a professional chef and a former contract artist of Star Magic, posted the word “Maktub” on her Twitter account. Maktub is an Arabic word which means “it is written”.


Pia had been a heavy favorite right from the onset of the Bb. Pilipinas 2014 with the introduction of the 40 candidates last January 28. With every pre-pageant event, she consistently figured among everyone’s top choices, including final fearless forecasts that had her winning one of the five titles up for grabs.


Her supporters blamed her loss on judge Senator Sonny Angara, who opted to ask his question in Tagalog which elicited a reply in the same language from Pia. The Tagalog exchange between the two prompted fans to believe that it alienated the foreign judges in the pageant, namely reigning Miss Universe Gabriela Isler, Sofitel Hotel general manager Adam Laker, US Consul Officer William Christopher and Mexico’s Ambassador to the Philippines Julio Camarena Villasenor.


But in his own tweets, Angara said he had explained Pia’s answer to Isler and Camarena, who were both impressed. Angara also revealed that in the final vote, Pia was tied for 6th or 7th place so at best, she could have only duplicated her runner-up feat last year.


Just the same, it was obvious from the get-go that Pia was determined to win. In a pre-pageant interview with InterAksyon when the 40 candidates visited the PLDT Home offices, Pia sounded assured and confident and said that she’s having a much easier time in this year’s competition compared to last year when she finished 1st runner-up.


“Finally, I’m able to let the real me out. Hindi na masyadong robotic na pageant conscious, mas natural na talaga,” she declared.


She also said that she learned a lot from the previous title holders that she often appeared with in public during their reign.


“Iba-iba sila ng personality. With Mutya (Datul), she’s very carefree and natural. Cindy (Miranda) is a perfectionist so that’s what I learned from her. Ara (Arida) is also very carefree. And she shines because she doesn’t overthink while Bea is very articulate especially so I got a lot of pointers from each one,” she noted.


Pia could learn one more thing from newly crowned Miss Universe-Philippines Mary Jean Lastimosa: perseverance.


Lastimosa continued to work hard and kept joining Bb. Pilipinas until she finally won the big crown that she has always been shooting for on her third attempt.


Pia’s fans believe that like MJ, she should not yet give up on her dreams. At 24, she is still qualified to join Bb. Pilipinas up to two more times before she reaches the age limit of 26.


Fans are likewise urging her to join this year’s Miss World Philippines where she could be a worthy successor to Megan Young. Then there’s also Mutya ng Pilipinas and Miss Philippines Earth where there are also several titles up for grabs.






Pia Wurtzbach hints she’s done with pageants after shocking loss in Bb. Pilipinas

Source: InterAksyon.com (March 31, 2014 at 03:50PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment