Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My harrowing ‘Basag Kotse Gang’ experience

As I write this, I am in bed nursing a virus infection. My immune system seems to have been compromised after being robbed exactly a week ago.


I must admit that I’m traumatized with the experience and the stress, I believe, has manifested in my body through the infection.


Last Wednesday, at around 1 p.m., while we were shooting scenes for my television program “Karaokray” in Barangay 152 in Caloocan City, a barangay tanod suddenly ran across the cameras. He was seemingly chasing someone.


POSING WITH the people whom helped recover our things

POSING WITH the people whom helped recover our things



Then we heard some commotion and thought it was just some young boys trying to get attention. After a few minutes, some kids came to tell us that delinquents broke into our cars and stole our things.


I ran to check because I left my Louis Vuitton makeup case in the car and it was gone. I was stunned. To replace that case would cost me P150,000. Moreover, it has been with me for 18 years. It’s now vintage and I consider it my baby.


I couldn’t believe such a thing could ever happen. My makeup artist was already crying because she lost her hairstyling kit. My co-host, Jimmy Marquez, just had this blank stare because he lost not only his bag but his wallet, which contains money and two Tommy Hilfiger watches.


Despite feeling bad myself, I had to be strong to give them hope. “Hindi tayo pababayaan ni Mama Mary,” I told them.


Prodding them further, I said, “Let’s pray. Mama Mary and Padre Pio will intercede for us. God will take care of this problem. He will find our things and return them to us.”


The producers told us that we would have to continue working on and that they would just assign someone to file a complaint on our behalf. The tanods, on the other hand, would continue looking for the culprits.


Jimmy and I proceeded to work like nothing happened. It was difficult, of course, with our hearts being troubled by the incident.


Two hours passed and the tanods came back looking very, very disappointed. They told me how they tracked the hideout of the criminals but that they didn’t find our things.


Suddenly I felt a presence, an angel whispering to my ear: “Offer them a reward.”


I stood up and told everyone within earshot that I was going to give P10,000 to anyone who can help return our things. Just like that, everybody started texting. I saw some run. After 45 minutes, my makeup kit was back and the perpetrators had been caught!


I sincerely thank the people of Barangay 155 and Barangay 152, namely Mr. & Mrs. Reyes, Wilfredo Loteyro, Boy Singhill, Hepe Ramon Pabot, Flora Alcala, Nilda Maravilla, Fe Apongol, Gina Guado, SP01 Elmer Olieca, SP03 Bernardo Bautista, SP01 Samuel de la Cruz, SP01 Francis Kabigting, Commander Reynaldo Medina, Filbert Puliran, Mario Despe, Ronald Alforte, Kapitan Petilla and his two tanods in Brgy. 152.


If any of the people mentioned above are reading this column, I have already given Alma, the production staff from Viva, the cash reward and rest assured it will be delivered to you.


Good job guys! We hope all barangay tanods and policemen would always act as fast as you’ve done.






My harrowing ‘Basag Kotse Gang’ experience

Source: Mb.com.ph (May 27, 2014 at 10:00PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment