Saturday, November 29, 2014

Gab on Beyoncé: To meet her would be ‘an honor’

GAB VALENCIANO (Photo by Marjorie Duran)

GAB VALENCIANO (Photo by Marjorie Duran)



Gab Valenciano is thrilled that his own “Super Selfie” videos have been the inspiration for a new DIY-style music video starring no less than Beyoncé herself.


Produced and directed by the global superstar, her video for “7/11” not only recreates the dance routines Gab made familiar in his own clips, it also mimics the lo-fi look and quick-cut edits that characterize the “Super Selife” series.


In an interview, the son of Mr. Pure Energy Gary Valenciano shared, “We did speak to the producers and they are saying definitely there are possibilities for the meeting kasi Beyoncé and her team (Parkwood Entertainment) really enjoyed the concept.”


He added that should the meeting push through, “It would be an honor and privilege for me.”


Gab related, “When she shot the video, it was only her with friends and dancers, walang official camera man, and by the time she returned to her team, tapos na ang video so, editing na lang.” The process took only two, three weeks.


Gab claimed the singer told her management about incorporating elements of “Super Selfie” in her “7/11” video, with her supposedly saying, “This is something I want to do… I would love to bring him on board this project.”Beyoncé’s camp contacted Gab through his US agent followed by “consultations” via email.


Gab was overwhelmed that someone of Beyoncé’s stature would notice his creation and borrow his dance moves ­– including his signature at the end where he goes down on his knees and throws his arms in the air.


“It’s not every day that you’re handpicked kasi usually you apply (to give concepts or ideas). She and her team put that trust in my concept and choreography,” he related. “Beyoncé is one of my biggest inspirations and the fact that I got to work with her, that really boosted my morale.”


He lauded the Queen Bee for remaining true to the spirit of “Super Selfie,” which, he said, is all about “having fun and putting your own flavor to it.”


Wait, there’s more


Before “7/11,” Gab choreographed and appeared in rapper Lil Jon’s election-related campaign video “Rock The Vote” released last month.


He recalled telling the rapper at one point, “I was following your music since I was in high school and you’ve been such a big impact in our lives and I said, ‘Thank you.’”


Describing the rapper as “approachable, sobrang bait,” Gab noted, “Bilyonaryo na yata siya pero naka-jeans lang, naka T-shirt lang. It was a humbling experience kasi I was able to meet A-list artists like him and their personality are very, very normal.”


Gab revealed that he is also part of another “big” project “featuring a lot of cool people” that will be released mid-December.


Pinoy representative


More than gaining popularity, Gab is happy to share his talent with others and is doubly inspired to bring more attention to Pinoys on a bigger scale. “The fact that you can represent the Philippines, even in this way, is very rewarding. Nakakakilig sa puso kasi you’re not just doing things for yourself anymore,” said he.


Gab, a graduate of Full Sail University, Florida with a degree in Recording Arts, is grateful for his family’s continuous support and their encouragement for him to bring his talent abroad.


“It is right na umalis ako… I felt I wouldn’t be able to grow as an artist dito (sa Pilipinas). Kasi, at the end of the day, I’m still the son of Gary V. No matter what I accomplish, people see me as that, (although) I don’t mind that.”


He reasoned, “I’m a content creator, ’di ko magagawa ’yun dito kasi people already know me as a dancer. So I had to step out of the box, go somewhere else, learn, study. And when I did, I felt kind of vindicated.”


Gab returns to the US on Monday but he hopes that his involvement in “7/11” would open more doors for international opportunities.






Gab on Beyoncé: To meet her would be ‘an honor’

Source: Mb.com.ph (November 30, 2014 at 02:00AM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment