Sunday, May 25, 2014

Angelina Jolie on her kids, Brad and being Maleficent

Los Angeles – Wearing a sexy, black long-sleeved lace dress, Angelina Jolie, 38, looked quite trim when we spoke with her recently for her latest Disney movie, “Maleficent.” Always a delight to interview, Angelina was her usual frank, articulate, and intelligent self.


The mother of six – Maddox Chivan, 12, Pax Thien, 10, Zahara Marley, 9, Shiloh Nouvel, 7, Knox Leon, 5, and Vivienne Marcheline, 5 – talked a lot about her kids, their different personalities and her very supportive fiancé, Brad Pitt.


Angelina Jolie, Manila Bulletin

ANGELINA JOLIE (Ruben V. Nepales); with her daughter

Vivienne Jolie-Pitt in ‘Maleficent’ (publicity still)



In the Robert Stromberg-helmed dark fantasy-adventure film “Maleficent,” Angelina, who portrays the eponymous villainess, is mother to her own daughter Vivienne, who portrays the young Princess Aurora. The role was first offered by Angelina to her other daughter Shiloh, but the tomboyish girl just laughed at her face; though she has previously acted alongside her dad in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.”


“I wasn’t really seriously offering it to her because obviously as her mom, I know there wasn’t a chance she would consider being a princess,” Angelina said. “I couldn’t have gotten her in a dress or a skirt her whole life. So I did mention it to her and she did find it really funny. She may have been slightly offended by it, by the idea of being a princess.”


The movie also features Elle Fanning (Princess Aurora), Sharlto Copley (Stefan), Sam Riley (Diaval) and two of Angelina’s other kids – Pax and Zahara – in minor parts.


Asked if the kids have a hand in her decision to make the film, Angelina replied, “Of course. Nothing gives me more pleasure than entertaining children like my own. I like doing something that can bring joy around the world and connect, because the way children respond to film, obviously, is so magical. I enjoy making them laugh.”


Angelina admits, “I haven’t done many films like that. I didn’t know if I would be very good at it. I haven’t been offered those roles. I never thought of myself as being Disney or funny, but I always wanted to be able to do these kinds of films. I was so excited to get the opportunity and I love the message in the film. I told my children the message of the film and when I first read the script, I pulled them aside. I said, ‘I have a secret to tell you; you know Maleficent? Well, there’s something you don’t know.’ And I told them the story and they were really engaged. It really meant something to them.


“Part of having Pax and Zahara in the christening scene, was, when they are there, I am more playful. It was really nice to make a movie where it was just about entertaining and being generous as an artist and not being self-conscious, but just giving.”


Angelina added that her kids really loved the movie and thought it was very interesting.


“They have seen it – not in 3D – but they love it. They think it’s cool… They all got upset when Mommy got hurt, which is the secret of the movie, but that moment when that happens, some of my kids cried.”


The upside, though is, “Knox now thinks I can turn birds into people. He sees birds outside and he goes, ‘Mommy, there’s a bird, go get the bird.’”


As for her wedding with Brad, Angelina said, “We cannot confirm. There’s no wedding. We don’t even know actually when we could get back to France for our vacation because of the work schedule we have.”


She revealed, though, that she and Brad will be doing another movie together. “I wrote something for us to do about four years ago. We have been thinking about doing it but now we are edging closer to thinking we should jump in. It’s a much more independent film, much more experimental, very personal. So it will be very different for both of us. It will be very challenging for us as actors.”


As for their relationship, Angelina said, “The way Brad treats me, the way he takes care of me, and makes something special on Mother’s Day with all the kids and gets them all up to do, he is teaching them to respect women, respect their mother. And the girls are showing an example of how they expect to be treated. It’s not just being lovers and partners and friends. It’s being family.”






Angelina Jolie on her kids, Brad and being Maleficent

Source: Mb.com.ph (May 25, 2014 at 10:00PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment