Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Chynna Ortaleza bounces back from break-up with revitalized film career


Chynna Ortaleza at the 'Hustisya' story conference. (Photo by Erickson dela Cruz)



Break-ups are never easy to deal with. Not for those who prefer to discuss it with close friends and family members. Neither for those who opt to remain silent about it.


It is particularly difficult for celebrities who are almost always prompted by media to publicly talk about it. In the case of Chynna Ortaleza, she now feels more comfortable talking about what happened one year after her split from Railey Valeroso.


Just two years before the breakup, InterAksyon ran a story about Chynna and Railey as an example of an ideal showbiz couple who had been able to defy the odds and stay in love with each other for a long time. That was one month after they were to celebrate their 9th year as a couple.


One year later, it was all over.


Looking back, the 31-year-old actress now feels good about her decision to part ways with the former actor.


“I look at life in simple terms. Yes, it didn’t happen for us but when I look at it now, it became such a blessing for the both of us because we were able to go on with our lives without thinking of a child or thinking of contracts and stuffs like that,” she told InterAksyon during the recent story conference for “Hustisya”, Joel Lamangan’s entry for the Director’s Showcase section of this year’s Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival.


Although Chynna admits that it was a painful decision on her part to let go, she does not consider the relationship a failure.


“It was a beautiful relationship and I told him, ‘Dude, we didn’t fail’. Of course, when you break up, you’ll think the relationship failed. But I’m like, we didn’t fail because our love was able to transcend what was more like the possessive girl-boy type of relationship that we had. Now, I think we have become more mature and he was really so nice and sweet when he said, ‘Whatever makes you happy right now when I see that you’re happy and I feel the same for you’,” she confessed.


Yes, she and Railey are talking again. Although they have not yet reached the point when they can start hanging out again, Chynna can confidently say that they are now friends.


“For me, that is one of my greatest blessings for this year. It took a while for us to start talking again. We had to go through that really tremendous hardship and the process was not easy. Then we saw each other once, nagkakumustahan and doon na nagsimula. Sabi ko nga sa kanya, you’ll never know one of these days, we’ll get to see each other accidentally again and catch up over coffee,” she recalled.


Chynna is now even okay when she learned that Railey is now dating somebody again.


“At first, of course I was shocked. You know I’m human but at the same time, I already told myself, ‘Keep on moving forward, woman. You got to keep going. After I recovered from the initial shock, I started to feel like it’s a good development not just for him but for me as well.”



Chynna Ortaleza in high spirits. (Photo from her Instagram)



As for her, Chynna admits that she has remained single after the breakup. While Railey continues to hold a special place in her life, the actress said she is not in a hurry to jump into a new relationship just yet.


“I’m not going to waste my time with futile, temporary passes at a relationship that is based on really nothing or anything physical or whatever. I’m looking for magic, and if this or that guy is not the magic for me, then I’m not going to take that chance,” she pointed out.


Until that magic comes along, Chynna is putting most of her energy into revitalizing a career that seems to be hitting a new high this year. While she remains a sought-after character actress on her home network, GMA, Chynna is beginning to become a staple in independent films.


After a memorable turn in Jose Javier Reyes’ “Ano ang Kulay ng mga Nakalimutang Pangarap”, she co-stars with no less than superstar Nora Aunor in not just one but two widely anticipated indies: Lamangan’s “Hustisya” and Perci Intalan’s “Dementia”.


“I’m very lucky to have back-to-back movies with her and in key roles to both stories. I don’t know what’s happening but it’s a good thing,” she enthused.


Chynna said she was particularly overwhelmed when she participated in the open auditions for “Hustisya”.


“I’m an actor for television. I get cast for shows without auditioning for them. I never go through that. So to be able to see the amount of actors who want a job, like around 700 amazing talents and spend a day with them, that was something I found to be truly humbling.”


In both “Hustisya” and “Dementia”, Chynna feels very proud and honored to be working not only with Ate Guy but also indie stalwarts like Althea Vega, Chanel Latorre, Sue Prado and Angelina “Miles” Kanapi, to name a few.


“Can’t believe I’m sharing screen time with them. Nagising ako today at kinailangan ko siguraduhin na oo nakatrabaho sila. Mismo ito!” she recently posted on her Instagram page.


She plays very challenging roles in both movies as well. In “Dementia”, she plays Nora’s psychotic and violent sister whose scenes in the film are that of a ghostly apparition. In “Hustisya”, she plays a lesbian cellmate of La Aunor’s incarcerated character.


For Chynna, playing a wide variety of roles and not limited to being typecast is always a good thing for any actress.



Chynna Ortaleza with Nora Aunor in a scene from 'Dementia'. (Photo from Chynna's Instagram)



“Gusto ko kasi ng diversity. It’s nice to chase your passion and learn 100 percent along the way. My goal every time I perform is to just search for the truth.”


And the truth is, one year after a very low point in her personal life, Chynna Ortaleza has bounced back in a very big way.


“You know, I really find it overwhelming that all these good projects are coming in at the perfect time. Just perfect.”






Chynna Ortaleza bounces back from break-up with revitalized film career

Source: InterAksyon.com (May 29, 2014 at 08:58AM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment