Brazilian model and actress Daiana Menezes said she remains emotionally conflicted about her husband, controversial politician Benjo Benaldo, but has decided to forgive him after the recent controversies surrounding their marriage.
“Medyo confused pa rin ako. I don’t know where I really wanna be, if I wanna be in a relationship or not, honestly,” she told InterAksyon in an interview during a promotional event last weekend.
“I’m a Catholic so I believe that people sometimes they deserve a second chance… Ang bait, no? Hindi ‘yan nagmamalinis po ang peg pero ang point ko kasi you have to be really strong. Tapos, you have to believe in God. And human din ako,” she added.
Menezes is standing by her husband, who shot himself in the chest at the House of Representatives in late June during his last day in office as Cagayan de Oro congressman after reportedly being depressed over his defeat in the elections the previous month.
Prior to that, she had taken to social media and claimed she was suffering from “physical, sexual, and emotional abuse”.
“You just have to give a second chance pero pag hindi na, sorry, bye bye. I have my career, I have my life, I have my family, I have these people who support me and I have so much love for the Philippines, there’s no reason for me to back out,” she said.
Menezes, who posed in the buff for this month’s issue of UNO Magazine, said she has decided to look on the bright side.
“It’s such a controversial part of my life. I never expected that this would happen to me pero let’s just turn it to positivity. You just have to keep on being professional. Like no matter what happens kalimutan na lang, move on, life goes on anyway,” she said.
The 26-year-old and former “Eat Bulaga” mainstay has lived and worked in the Philippines for the last seven years. She believes she has adopted the Filipino’s indomitable spirit.
“Parang naging Pinoy din ako eh. Pag may nangyari sa buhay natin, naka-smile pa rin,” she said.
Menezes says she feels blessed to still keep working after receiving so many negative comments from bashers.
“People are gonna say whatever they wanna say, and it’s just so cool that I can still work and some people can still trust me for my work,” she said.
One thing she learned is to be more circumspect next time about sharing details of her personal life.
“I was always okay. The problem was never with me, it just so happened that I am too honest to talk about my problems to the public pero natuto ako na dapat minsan you should keep it to yourself,” she admitted.
Menezes avoided giving media interviews for almost two months but she realized that she owes it to the public to at least try to explain her side of the story.
“Ang taas ng respeto ko sa mga Pinoy. Every thing that I’ve achieves I also owe to you guys so kahit isang sorry o kahit isang explanation, I also owe you guys that. I also owe you a big thank you for those who understand. For those who don’t, it’s okay din po,” she said.
Meanwhile, Menezes is delighted that her openness about her marital woes has inspired other actresses like Sunshine Cruz and Claudine Barretto to come out and fight their own battles.
“I don’t know why it took those women so long. It’s a coincidence, it’s a weird coincidence, that a lot of women came out in the open. I’m not saying I am an example. Not at all. It’s just that if you feel something say it right away and let it out because your heart might be hurting and aching and everything,” she said.
She then concluded the interview with a message of support to Cruz and Barretto.
“Just keep yourselves strong and if your guy is capable of saying sorry to you, even if he doesn’t say it to the press or he doesn’t say it publicly, as long as matanggap mo ang sarili mo at yung tao kung kaya mo ‘yan, go. Kasi I think God wants you to keep your vows,” she said.
Daiana Menezes still ‘confused’ but stands by politician husband
Source: InterAksyon.com (September 06, 2013 at 10:41AM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment