Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Love stories of the stars



manila bulletin

EMIL and I on our nth honeymoon in Notre Dame, Paris



I am a fan of love stories. Every time I meet a happy couple, I always ask them how they met, which leads to them sharing their love story. So you could just imagine how overjoyed I was to be featured on GMA Network News Channel’s “Wagas.”


“Wagas” features stars and their love stories so it was my turn and my husband’s to tell the whole world how we met, fell in love, fell down, rose and lived happily ever after. Since we met 21 years ago, they had to cast younger stars to portray Giselle and Emil. I would like to thank (with matching veneration) the supervising and executive producers of “Wagas” because I personally think that nobody else could play the role of Giselle better than Pauleen Luna. I thought to myself, “Grabe ang ganda naman ng tingin sa akin ng GMA. Panalo!” But it was not Pauleen’s great looks and beautiful body that impressed me. It was her flawless acting and portrayal that got my seal of approval. She was able to master my signature laugh, go turbo on hyper mode like me and be the perfect gay hag drama queen that I am.


Marco Alcaraz was perfect choice to play Emil. My husband and I were wondering how he was able to master his voice and sheepish manners because Marco did a perfect copy. Clap, clap, clap! The scenes were hilarious, like watching a Tito, Vic & Joey sitcom, but come to think of it, my life is a comedy!


However, my mom didn’t like the bit player they cast to portray her. The bit player was a good actress but I think my mom got spoiled when Mel Tiangco’s “Magpakailanman” featured my life story. It was the beautiful Pilar Pilapil who portrayed my mother then. Overall, we had a good laugh watching my love story.


I became more interested in the love stories of other stars so I checked out YouTube for other “Magpakailanman” episodes and chose two stories to feature here:


If you were a radio celebrity, would you marry the mysterious guy that sends you high-end coffee every day? In Hollywood, the radio star would have probably filed a temporary restraining order for her “stalker” but in the Philippines, Nicole Hyala decided to marry Renly, her biggest fan.


Renly had the right connections in their common friend namely the GMA anchor person and talk show host Love AƱover. When Renly asked Love for Nicole’s number, Love told him she had to ask Nicole. The funny FM radio host agreed to give it because she trusted Love and that trust brought Nicole all the way to the altar.


I think it was Nicole’s humility and openness to meet people from all walks of life that made her find love. Had Nicole been a conceited, stuck-up, diva-radio host, she would not have met the kindest and most loving person that is her husband now.


Then there’s running coach and marathon organizer Rio de la Cruz who had goals as big as his big curly hair. He wanted to finish his studies so he used his running legs – two of the fastest ones around – all the way to college. He became a champ in all the races he joined.


And he wanted a girl in UP so badly that he waited for six years for beautiful Nicole Wuthrich to go steady with him. After a month of being college sweethearts, he proposed to her inside a UP-Ikot jeep.








Love stories of the stars

Source: Mb.com.ph (September 17, 2013 at 10:00PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment