Visiting “Deuce Bigalow” Fil-Am star Robert Michael “Rob” Schneider has just posed a challenge to Pinoy superstar boxer Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao.
“Pacquiao, I love you, I’m supposed to meet you for a gig. I want a song with you, I want to do a duet with you. Come on, Manny. You and me, Pacman, karaoke, Manila. You know you want to, baby,” Rob said in a report on ABS-CBN.com, Tuesday.
Pacquiao, the eight-division boxing champion and congressman of Saranggani, is nursing a music career on the side. He released the albums “Laban Nating Lahat Ito” under Star Records in 2006, followed by “Pac-Man Punch” in 2007 and “Lahing Pinoy” in 2009. He also did a cover of Dan Hill’s song “Sometimes When We Touch” on a US late night show.
Schneider, whose mother is a Filipina, said he is a big fan of Pacquiao.
“His skills are ridiculous. I don’t know of any fighter ever who’s gone from 108 lbs. to 155 lbs. just destroying people. I mean no one can keep up with him. I hope Manny gets to fight on a big stage one more time,” he said.
Pacquiao is actually scheduled to fight Brandon “Bambam” Rios on Nov. 24 in Macau, China.
Meanwhile, Schneider said that he wanted to do a movie in the Philippines about the story of her mother.
“My mother has a great story about her childhood during the Japanese occupation. You know her brothers died in the war but that was also the most exciting time in her life. She’s telling me stories like they make pajamas out of bed sheets to trade them to get kamote… It’s a beautiful story about a little girl and I’d like to make that story,” he said.
On the other hand, Schneider posted on Twitter that he wants to try Adobo and Bibingka.
“Off to Manila!! Looking forward to some Babinka and Adobo…and 90% humidity!!” the “Grown Ups” star posted on Sunday.
Schneider, whose birthday is on Oct. 31, is currently in the country to celebrate his 50th birthday via a one-night stand-up comedy show “Rob Schneider: Live in Manila” tonight at Solaire Resort and Casino in Parañaque City.
Schneider vs Pacquiao: The duet?
Source: Mb.com.ph (October 29, 2013 at 05:52PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment