A yet untitled film starring Senator Jinggoy Estrada that is supposed to be shown before the end of the year has been shelved indefinitely.
“Who would go and see the movie? I have to consider the negative reaction of people because of the current problem I am in,” he said, referring to the alleged pork barrel scam, the subject of a complaint filed against him and two other senators, former Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile and Senator Bong Revilla.
“Besides, I seldom go out now,” he added. “I cannot predict how people may react when they see me, When I go to the Senate, I go there directly, and then straight home when I leave my office.”
His wife Precy said, “I have to be strong for him. He needs my support now, more than ever.”
Senator Estrada has been in public service for quite a number of years “and I have never smeared my name,” he stressed. “I cannot accept the charges now filed against me. As a public servant, I attended to my duties and obligations religiously. I never was absent even for a day in my office, especially so when I was elected senator. I attended committee hearings and participated well during those committee hearings or inquiries in aid of legislations. I also went to school to sharpen my knowledge in public service and legislations.”
He explained that in the release of funds for projects from Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF), the recommending authority, like the Department of Agriculture, should have taken extra efforts to investigate and verify extensively the supposed beneficiary before it gave its recommendation and accreditation.
He added that he did not anticipate that his expose of the P50-million during his privilege speech would crack open a hornet’s nest. That P50 million is now known as part of the Disbursement Acceleration Program, which is now the subject of another investigation.
Without saying sorry to Sharon Cuneta, Senator Estrada said that “mahal na mahal ko si Sharon! Noon pa! I mentioned the name of then Senator Francis Pangilinan in my privilege speech but I did not say he is involved in any anomaly. I only mentioned a COA report.”
• • •
Ribbon-cutting at the ‘Grand Kapamilya Weekend’ opening: From left, Charo Santos-Concio, Piolo Pascual, Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz
Historic ‘Grand Kapamilya Weekend’ Mounted By ABS-CBN
It was indeed a grand two-day event that ABS-CBN mounted on Oct.5 and 6 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Philippine Television. The event made happy and proud thousands of Kapamilya fans and supporters who braved the noontime sun to have a glimpse of their favorite stars, who made personal appearances at the Quezon Memorial Circle where the event was held.
Actually a Kapamilya Village was set up at the QMC where ABS-CBN programs and channels had various booths offering games and special shows. Fans had the chance to bond with and had their pictures taken with some of the cast members of ABS-CBN programs who took part in the event.
A live telecast of “It’s Showtime” was held at the venue, while Star Cinema and M.O.R. 101.9 also had back-to-back treats for the QMC crowd. A free outdoor screening of the box office movie “It Takes A Man and A Woman” was held in the afternoon, followed by the personal appearance of heartthrob Piolo Pascual and two of the stars of the upcoming Star Cinema movie “She’s The One,” Bea Alonzo and Enrique Gil.
After the film screening, M.O.R. 101.9 treated the crowd to a free “MOR LIVE: Kuwento Ng Musikang Pilipino” concert featuring performances from Daniel Padilla, Jed Madela, Yeng Constantino, Jovit Baldivino, Juris, and more.
On Oct. 6, “One Run, One Philippines” kicked off the festivities. Thousands participated in the run for the continued rehabilitation and beautification of the esteros in the metro and the Pasig River. The run was simultaneously held in Quezon City, Cebu City, Bacolod City, Davao City and Los Angeles USA to benefit various environmental advocacies.
Fans were also treated to world-class performances on “ASAP 18,” live from the Marikina Sports Complex. At 5 p.m., comedians Pokwang, Kitkat, K Brosas, John Lapus, Pooh, and Chokoleit headlined the Kapamilya TV for an evening of laughter, contests and prizes.
Aside from these fun-filled activities, the “Grand Kapamilya Weekend” provided public service through the medical mission of “Salamat Dok” and DZMM, the Soup Kitchen, operated by Star Magic talents and ABS-CBN news anchors, and the booths of ABS-CBN’s news and current affairs shows.
The ABS-CBN Regional Network Group also delivered medical, livelihood, and government services to the public via “Halad Kapamilya,” which was held simultaneously at SM Bacolod, Cebu Technological University and Palma Gil Elementary School in Davao City.
• • •
Tidbits: Happy b-day greetings, Oct. 11, go to Kuya Daniel Razon, twins Richard and Ricardo Cepeda, Dr. Miles dela Rosa, Ed Santillan, Terry Lim, Baby Aguilar, Dianne Eugenio, Jan Carlo Tobias, Johnson Robert, Tina M. Ejercito, Wu Elsie, Pat Cabiling, Pilar Gozum, MB’s Myra Liezl Abando and Ronald Jeffrey Lim, Jason Francisco, Erlinda Romey and Bobbit Vidanes… Happy wedding anniversary to Amb. & Mrs. Roy Seneres; and Oscar and Bootsie Violago…
Senator Jinggoy Estrada’s film shelved!
Source: Mb.com.ph (October 10, 2013 at 10:00PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment