Aside from his powerful voice, I really appreciate it that balladeer Jed Madela still remembers people whom he met when he was still starting his showbiz career (in short, ’di siya tulad ng iba na nagkaka-amnesia!).
I first met Jed almost a decade ago after he won in the World Championship of the Performing Arts (WCOPA). We would bump into each other in different events but, just recently, I was pleasantly surprised when he told me in one of our chats; “I remember ikaw ang isa sa mga unang nag-interview sakin when I won sa WCOPA! Sa isang restaurant pa ’yun sa Metrowalk!” (matalas ang memorya! Nag-iodized salt!). Imagine, he still remembers this (ako nga nakalimutan ko na! Chos!!!)!
He is actually a “regular” surprise guest whenever I celebrate my birthday on my radio show because I have mentioned several times on air that I am his fan and I buy his albums (buy ha, pero may mga nahingi na rin!).
Jed has gone a long way. He is now celebrating a decade in the business highlighted by soldout concerts here and abroad, well-received albums and well-deserved awards and recognitions. But Jed is quick to say; “Ganun pa din ako, minus the brouhaha of showbiz… I’m the same old Jed!”
Of course, marking his 10 years in show business will never be complete without a big concert. His supporters and fans are all excited for his “The Jed Madela 10th Anniversary Concert” at PICC on Nov. 15.
“The people who will be there will know what I went through to get where I am now. It will be a story of how I came to be…” Jed says.
The concert is just a beginning of more beautiful things to come for Jed. He was recently nominated in three categories in the World Music Awards namely: World’s Best Male Artist, World’s Best Live Act and World’s Best Entertainer (sa dami ng World, baka daigin pa niya si Miss World Megan Young!).
“The greatest lesson I have learned is to never stop believing, and that talent and attitude will always keep you on top,” Jed shares.
Nothing can really stop Jed from showing what real talent is all about. He plans of doing more concerts, more shows and more albums. He hopes to have collaborations with all the iconic voices in the Philippine music Industry. A decade from now, Jed wants to “have my own school where we can teach artists how to perform. For me, having talent is just part of it. Performing is a different story.” (dahil diyan, gawin mo ’kong scholar sa school mong ’yan. Push!).
• • •
Starting Nov. 8, Friday nights (7 p.m.) on 106.7 Energy FM will be bolder and sexier ( ’di nga?!) as we launch a new show titled “Friday Night Booking” with the promising DJBJ. Every week, he will be joined by two celebrity guests who will speak their hearts out and be booked for the night!
DJBJ says: “What things do we usually book? An airline ticket that promises adventure; a vacation spot that promises rest and recreation or an “interesting booking” that promises fun and excitement… all for a cost! Book with me and my program, and you’ll get all of these without having to pay for anything, right at the comfort of your homes!” (kalat na! alam na! may booking! May ganon?!).
(MR.FU hosts on 106.7 Energy FM, 8 a.m., Monday to Friday and TV5. twitter: @mrfu_mayganon)
How Jed Madela sees himself 10 years from now
Source: Mb.com.ph (November 06, 2013 at 10:00PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment