Monday, November 25, 2013

‘I told her to go’ – Diego Castro on mom’s last moments

June Keithley Castro (Photo from her Facebook page)

June Keithley Castro (Photo from her Facebook page)



The passing of veteran broadcaster June Keithley Castro last Sunday didn’t come unexpected to her family. She would have gone earlier based on her medical test results.


In an interview with Bulletin Entertainment, her son Diego Castro disclosed that they have been prepared for their mother’s death since losing their father, late broadcaster Angelo Castro, in 2012. In fact, the choice of food for the wake was suggested by his mother.


Turning 38, Diego said he’s at peace with how her mom’s battle with the four-year battle against breast cancer had ended.


Diego Castro and his family gaze at June Keithley Castro's remains (Photo by Mikee Delizo)

Diego Castro and his family gaze at June Keithley Castro’s remains (Photo by Mikee Delizo)



“I’m happy that she’s resting. My mom has this feeling na baka ma-devastate ako, so (I) moved on,” said he.


In her last moments, the 66-year-old Castro could no longer speak but was able to express herself in other ways. Diego said their last conversation was about letting go.


“I told her to go. Pinapaalis ko na siya dahil it was too much for a son to bear na makita ‘yung… Although If I were to be selfish, sasabihin ko stay. But it was too much for me to see my mom suffer. I said, she can go na,” Diego related.


The 1986 EDSA People Power icon is at the St. Ignatius Church inside the Camp Aguinaldo in Quezon City. She is set to be transferred to ABS-CBN compound on Thursday before her funeral, along with the ashes of her late husband, at the Loyola Memorial Park in Marikina City on Friday morning.






‘I told her to go’ – Diego Castro on mom’s last moments

Source: Mb.com.ph (November 26, 2013 at 02:22PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment