Many people were shocked when TV host Amy Perez left her very popular TV5 program, “Face to Face” (ang show na may batuhan ng upuan!). It became more shocking when she decided to leave the network and return to her former network, ABS-CBN (si Kapatid, balik Kapamilya!).
“In our line of work, nothing is permanent talaga. You are lucky if you’re given a chance to work in any network,” Amy says.
But most shocking of all was when talks circulated that she was difficult to work with (ka-shock-shock talaga!). I, for one, can attest that working with Tyang Amy (how people call her now) is always fun (never nagpaka-diva o nag-inarte!). I even invited her to be part of our radio station 106.7 Energy FM where she now boards every Saturday, 6 p.m. That’s why I am really saddened by all these nasty rumors that are circulating about her (I’m sure mas nalungkot sya sa isyu!).
“Whatever happened, I learned pa rin the importance of not burning bridges. Maliit lang ang mundo natin. Magkikita’t magkikita pa rin tayo at magkaka-trabaho,” Amy shares (ang bait pa rin ng statement ha, sa kabila ng lahat! Bigyan ng award si Tyang!).
While Amy and “Face to Face” left a significant mark on Philippine television, the lady host believes it is time to move forward and try new things. She admits: “I will miss the format of ‘Face to Face’ but just like what I have said before, probably it’s about time to graduate and try something else.” (graduate muna sa bangayan ng mga bading o kaya sa sabunutan ng mga misis!).
Starting Nov. 16 (after “It’s Showtime”), Amy will be reunited with her TV partner Roderick Paulate on the new ABS-CBN season of the “Singing Bee.” This program will bring back the unique tandem of Amy and Roderick, which they first showed in the “Pera o Bayong” and “Isep Isep” segments of the defunct noontime show “Magandang Tanghali Bayan.” Incidentally, this is also the only game show where I won and became a champion. I was with two other radio DJs when we stayed in the champion slot for five weeks, beating legendary balladeer Rey Valera and his daughters (partida pa ’yan, ’di kami singer!).
“I’m happy and excited to work again with KD. Looking forward ako sa bonding namin ulit. Ganyan kasi kami ’pag magkasama, laging masaya!” Amy exclaims.
The show may involve some singing but Amy promises that the singing part won’t come from her (ay buti naman! Love you Tyang!). We are not just sure if it will be Roderick who will be hitting the right notes for the show (I’m sure, Rick Astley ang peg nya!).
“Basta abangan nila. Super light, masaya at positive ang show. Makikita naman nila ’yun. Kasi, unang-una sa set namin, positive ang aura ng mga tao at ng paligid,” Amy says.
It only shows that Amy maintains her happy disposition even if she had gone through a lot and even after leaving the Kapatid Network (ay alam ko ’yan! Afraid!). But since she is in the stage of moving on, will she be dropping the name Tyang Amy? It is fact that it became a household name because of her being “kapitana” on “Face to Face.” She has this to say: “They can still call me Tyang. That name really started in ‘Sa linggo nAPO sila.’ Of course, they can also call me Amay.” (Kung gusto mo, Miss Universe nalang para may title, a la Ariella Arida! Pwede rin ’yung title ni Nonito Donaire! Push!).
(MR.FU hosts on 106.7 Energy FM, 8 a.m., Monday to Friday and TV5. Twitter: @mrfu_mayganon)
Is Amy back with a vengeance?
Source: Mb.com.ph (November 13, 2013 at 10:00PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment