Los Angeles – With his long shoulder-length hair and casual white shirt, Joaquin Phoenix looked very comfortable and casual as we talked to him one morning for his latest movie, “Her,” at a five-star hotel in Beverly Hills.
We just read on social media that he got married this week. “Is it true?” we asked.
“How did they find out?” the 39-year-old actor replied. “I did. I cannot believe they found out. I do not like that idea. You want some privacy, but whatever, it happens. And this is where you say congratulations. Thank you so much.”
Joaquin, who is a very private guy, did not elaborate anymore about his recent wedding. But he admitted, “I do not know where we are doing the honeymoon.” Then added, “I am a happy man now.”
The new bride is Joaquin’s girlfriend, actress-model Heather Christie, 27, who has a five-year-old son, Everly Bear, from her three-year relationship with Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers. They had been dating since March 2012 and attended the 2012 Toronto Film Festival together in September.
When asked why he was not wearing a wedding band because he wanted to keep it a secret, Joaquin replied, “Wow. I do not even know. I feel I painted myself into a corner on this one. I think it is better for us if we just move on. Mostly for me. With the whole honest thing, I do not know what to do. I am really stuck here. I mean, I have to bail out with this, right? End it?”
Staying Hungry
So after getting married, a perfect time in his life, what are his dreams now, we asked.
“I was reading about Jay-Z and he was doing 15 things,” he said. “I think that’s amazing. But I feel like I have so much more acting work and I honestly feel like I barely – and maybe you never do – maybe that is what is cool and frustrating about being human, is you never feel like you really did it. I guess if you felt like that, you might not go to the moon. That is what makes us keep going. So I feel like I have not quite gotten to the moon yet in terms of acting. I am happy about the experiences that I had and have worked with, but I want more.”
Different Everytime
Appearing as Theodore Twombly in the Spike Jonze-helmed science fiction-romance film, Joaquin stars as a complex, soulful man who makes a living writing touching personal letters for other people and develops a relationship with a female voice, Samantha (Scarlett Johansson), produced by an intelligent computer operating system. It also marks Spike Jonze’s solo screenwriting debut.
Asked if he feels free as an actor, Joaquin confessed, “There are times when you don’t at all. There are times on the set when you feel so tight and it just feels miserable. That is very difficult. Then there are times that just feel amazing. Everybody is working together in just a really smooth way. So I do not think I have ever had one experience on a movie, like I could just say, oh that was a good experience, or that was just a bad experience.
“That’s what’s so cool about making the movie is it’s like this condensed life. You spend like four months and especially a movie like this. Some of the themes that you are exploring are really intimate and deep philosophical kind of questions and to sit around with Spike and talk about it, it is obviously something that he has thought a great deal about and worked on the script and gone through this. I would say that was really enjoyable for me.”
Joaquin Phoenix on new bride, current dreams
Source: Mb.com.ph (November 24, 2013 at 10:00PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment