Filipina-Canadian YouTube sensation Maria Aragon has dedicated a song to those devastated by super typhoon Yolanda, which struck the country, particularly the Visayas region, last week.
“(This) won’t be an ordinary video because I wanted to do something special, dedicated to those who were hit by the massive typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda, which hit Vietnam, Laos and the Philippines,” Maria said in introducing her YouTube clip of the acoustic version of her original song “You Are Enough.”
The 13-year-old singer-pianist described the disaster as “super terrible,” saying, “This is something that really hit me when I first heard the news, because I have family in the Philippines, who live in the area that has been by the typhoon. And it is still going on right now… and I couldn’t imagine living in that situation.”
Maria, who caught Lady Gaga’s attention with her cover of “Born This Way,” admits that while she is no social activist, “I’m a musician, and if I could give one thing to you guys, it would be my music.”
She hopes the “raw version” of her song could “provide some comfort to you guys.”
“I really just want to say, if you guys are affected by what’s going on right now, please, please stay strong – we’re all praying for you. And I really just want to send my love and support to you guys, and I hope you enjoy this song,” Maria said.
Maria Aragon sings for ‘Yolanda’ survivors
Source: Mb.com.ph (November 13, 2013 at 04:59PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment