Friday, December 6, 2013

Paul Soriano goes for gold in clinching Oscars nom

soriano

‘Transit’ producer Paul Soriano



It’s all systems go for Paul Soriano and his “Transit” team in their bid to clinch an Oscars nomination.


“We are screening in Hollywood. We are going to L.A. We have three more screenings…for the Academy and for the Golden Globes so it’s up to them once you screen,” said Soriano in an interview with Push.


The “Transit” producer commends his team especially director Hanna Espia for making it this far. He hopes to be able to “raise the flag next year and get the nomination.”


The multi-awarded director shared that the campaign period ends by end of this month.


“Before Christmas will be our last campaign. The voting begins at January and by mid-January we will find who made it or not but I believe that we have given it the best shot that we have,” Soriano said in the same Push interview.


“Transit” is among the 76 films submitted as entries. According to Hollywood reports, nine finalists will be shortlisted in mid-January. The final five nominees will be named on Jan. 16, 2014. The 2014 Oscars will be presented on March 2, 2014.


For Soriano, their film being picked as the country’s representative to the Oscars is already a blessing. He could only hope for the best, believing that behind “Transit” is a very touching story. “‘Transit’ is more than a film now. It’s representing our country and like I said it’s a blessing,” he added.


“Transit” Best Supporting Actress Jasmine Curtis-Smith, on the other hand, missed the international screenings due to work commitments. Still, she vowed to help promote the film through social media.


“They went to Tokyo and they went to Hong Kong also. Gusto ko pumunta kaso I have work here also. Pero through online, tweets, Instagram, (I want to help) as much as I can for now. But when the time comes, if we can fly over to Palm Springs for the festival there, I would love to,” Jasmine told ABS-CBN News.


“I am praying. We are in good hands. We know naman na the movie will be taken care of in terms of distribution in the States so happy kami. It’s a long shot to call but I’m hoping to make it at least sa shortlist.”






Paul Soriano goes for gold in clinching Oscars nom

Source: Mb.com.ph (December 07, 2013 at 02:51PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment