Well-rounded individuals make good basketball players. Andre Paras does not only hustle on the hardcourt but has applied this multitasking discipline in his own life. In fact, he actively pursues varied interests like being an actor, MTV Pinoy VJ, a basketball player and student.
Keeping this pace may be tiring to some but Andre is not letting up. He is now also aiming to start a career as a rapper, and dreams of conquering Hollywood some day.
In an interview, Andre said he turns the poems he writes for his English and Filipino classes into rap songs.
“Ever since I was a kid, I’m a hip-hop person na… mga rap. Kasi the good thing about rapping is you don’t need to sing, you just need to have a message,” he said.
The son of basketball icon Benjie Paras shared that he used to listen rappers like Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Dr. Dre, Macklemore and J. Cole.
Asked why he wants to be a rapper, Andre answered, “Kasi I love entertaining people. I want to be a role model kasi nga sabi ko ’di ba they (rappers) usually have messages in their songs.”
Other dreams
Aside from rap dreams, he also hopes to one day to get into the National Basketball Association (NBA).
“I want to be a good basketball player. I want to make it to pros – I mean there’s nothing wrong in dreaming,” he said. This, however, does not mean that Andre is letting go of his acting career.
“No naman. Kasi as of now I have the best of both worlds. I can do showbiz, basketball and other things,” he said.
He recalled how his father encouraged him to always follow his dreams. “Sabi niya do what makes you happy and just make sure that you know your priorities in life,” he said.
Balancing his schedule is tricky to say the least but Andre makes sure he divides his time equally. A very important matter for Andre is keeping to his studies.
“Advice din kasi ni daddy to finish my school first. Sinasabi niya palagi na don’t make yourself not go to school,” he said.
On critics
Having set one foot in show business may have given Andrew his share of critics, but the young actor welcomes this. “I thank all the people saying that I’m not good. Kasi they are the ones pointing out kung ano ’yung mali sa akin,” he said.
However, he noted. “Sometimes they are OA na,” relating how some act as if “akala nila they know my
life…meron ding nagsasabi na hindi ka sisikat kundi sa father mo.”
In the end, however, he just tries to live with it and keep his eye on his goals.
Waiting for Ms. Right
Despite having close friends who are all in a romantic relationships, Andre, 19, is patiently waiting to meet the right girl. “What’s important for me now is that I can go out with my friends… they are the source of my happiness,” he said.
Asked what kind of girl is he looking for, Andre said, “The girl should be an athlete… someone who knows how to balance school and sports like me.”
Connection
Andre is close to his brother Kobe, who is now in based in the US as a scholar of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). He is thankful that being the new ambassador of Globe Telecom, as it’s
made it easier for him to keep in touch with his brother.
“Ever since I was a Globe user na. And now I use it to connect to my brother… we’re always on the Skype and talk about anything like ilan ’yung na-shoot niya during his most recent game, ganun,” he said.
“Kahit we have different time zones, we get to talk everyday. Kahit morning du’n gabi dito maguusap talaga kami,” he added. This, he said, makes Globe his “new love.”
The many dreams of Andre Paras
Source: Mb.com.ph (December 02, 2014 at 05:33PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment