Acoustic singer Aiza Seguerra and international star Charice acknowledge that more than a concert, the “Power of Two,” which will be held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on Sept. 28, is about making a powerful statement.
“It’s pretty obvious why we were put together in the show, so instead of not recognizing the elephant inside the room, let us all recognize that Charice and I are both out and proud. It’s okay to be who you are. It’s okay not to hide. It’s better to love yourself for who you are because people will love you more if you know how to love yourself. Hindi kakulangan sa isang tao ang pagiging homosexual,” Aiza tells us.
She added that the show “has a message not only to homosexuals but to every person that is hiding something beautiful because they are afraid. We all have beautiful truths that we hide. In the age of bullying, ang dami diyan, they are bullied just because they are different. So they start to hide their talents… their true persona because they are afraid to be jeered at, to be bullied (or) be laughed at. We all want to adapt to the norm… to belong. But that shouldn’t be the case.”
I can relate to Aiza. Several years ago, I used to host a TV show on a news channel and I would laugh hard at my guests’ jokes. After a few weeks, I got the boot because of comments by some viewers who found my laughter “irritating.”
Famous Korean-American comedian Margaret Cho once ended one of her stand-up comedy acts with this: “I have self esteem, which is pretty amazing because I’m probably somebody who wouldn’t necessarily have a lot of self esteem as I am considered a minority. Because if you are a woman, if you a person of color, if you are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, if you’re a person of size, if you’re a person of intelligence, if you’re a person of integrity, then you are considered a minority in this world! And it’s going to be really hard to find messages of self love and support anywhere, especially in women’s and gay men’s culture.” Well said, indeed.
As for their show, expect Charice to sing the song “Unexpected Love,” which the belter wrote for her girlfriend Alyssa, whom she says is “the one.”
“I met her 10 years ago, on day one, I already had a crush on her,” Charice shared. “So you could imagine ’yung day na naging kami – it was the best moment of my life… kasi sobrang naipaglaban ko ang taong mahal ko. I would like to thank her because she gave me strength.”
It was Charice who paved the way for the “Power of Two” concert to happen. Charice had actually called up Aiza’s manager, Annabelle Regalado-Borja, to ask permission to jam with the latter at her concert with Noel Cabangon. The number resulted to a standing ovation.
I am so excited to catch this concert! Can you imagine two great singers sharing the stage for the price of one? Yahoo!
Charice and Aiza reveal their beautiful truths
Source: Mb.com.ph (September 24, 2013 at 10:01PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment