Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lovi Poe feels blessed to be part of ‘Sana Dati’



Lovi Poe, Sana Dati, Manila Bulletin

Lovi Poe in ‘Sana Dati’



Lovi Poe feels lucky that she’s given opportunities to crossover from mainstream films to indie movies and vice versa. She says every acting project she lands is a learning experience.


“It’s nice that I get to do both mainstream and indie movies. Masaya. Magkaibang-magkaiba siya. Masarap lang ang pakiramdam kasi I get to explore,” Lovi said.


The actress did get to explore her acting range in her latest indie flick “Sana Dati,” which opens, Sept. 25, in Metro Manila theaters, to the delight of her fans and moviegoers in general.


Lovi expressed that she’s proud and happy to be part of it. Even more so that “Sana Dati” won several major awards in the recently concluded Cinemalaya 2013’s Directors Showcase.


“I feel so blessed na napunta sa akin ang role ni Andrea. Sobrang ganda ng movie at wala akong masabi. It’s always a pleasure working with Jerrold Tarog because he has this certain artistic side that’s very distinct na alam mong it’s Jerrold’s,” she described.


One of her challenges in “Sana Dati” was having three leading men, TJ Trinidad, Benjamin Alves and Paulo Avelino.


Tj Trinidad, Manila Bulletin

Tj Trinidad



“Masarap mag-explore ng past, present and future kasi may ibang mga levels sila so I have to have a distinct level of acting for each one. Ibang Lovi sa bawat isa,” remarked Lovi in having three leading men.


On how much she relates to her character Andrea, she replied “Medyo playful si Andrea, which I am sometimes. Si Andrea kasi may mga pinanggagalingan siya. I cannot say that I can relate to her because I’m not like her completely kasi medyo crazy siya.”


“Sana Dati,” which received “A” grade from the Cinema Evaluation Board (CEB), is the third part of Tarog’s Camera Trilogy after “Confessional” (2007) and “Mangatyanan” (2009). It also stars other Kapuso talents like TJ who won as Best Actor, Benjamin, Paulo and Ria Garcia. The film is being released by GMA Films.


Aside from Best Film, Best Director and Best Supporting Actor awards, “Sana Dati” also bagged the awards for Best Sound (Roger “TJ” Ladro), Best Original Music Score (Jerrold Tarog), Best Editing (Pats Ranyo), Best Production Design (Ericson Navarro) and Best Cinematography (Mackie Galvez).


• • •


Martin Del Rosario, Manila Bulletin

Martin Del Rosario



Martin Del Rosario: ALV’s New Baby


“Given the choice, I would like to play horror roles, do a romantic comedy, or a bida-kontrabida,” Martin del Rosario said when he was introduced as the new talent of the ALV Talent Circuit.


Martin has been in showbiz for the last six years, and there’s hardly anything new to him. He has appeared in several productions of ABS-CBN, playing significant roles in various shows. He is currently playing the role of Bagno, one of the major roles in the top-rating series “Juan dela Cruz.”


“I am looking forward to be a successful movie actor,” he stressed. Good-looking, Martin belongs to a family of artists. His father, Robert del Rosario, did a brief showbiz stint during his younger years alongside Martin’s late uncle, Joey del Rosario, for supporting roles in “Bagets” and “Waywaya.” Robert’s younger sister is “Unang Hirit” co-host Connie Sison, and his mother’s older sister is Ces Quesada, who was Martin’s co-star in the film, “The Healing.”


Talent manager Jun Reyes discovered Martin when he was only a second year high school student at the Lourdes School of Quezon City. The talent manager brought Martin to ABS-CBN where he began his rigid acting workshops.


“I thought I could not make it,” Martin confessed. “I was somewhat disappointed, but then I realized that I could make it after all!” And that began the growth of his acting career, all under ABS-CBN.


Martin did not abandon his college studies. He enrolled for a Business Administration course at the University of the Philippines, but he shifted to Mass Communication later, where he is now an irregular student.


He recalled that during his Business Ad class, professors were so strict and they won’t allow him to be late or miss a class. But with Mass Com, the rules are more relaxed, and coming late from a taping session is always tolerable.


In 2011, his role in the movie “Dagim” earned him two acting awards: Breakthrough Performance by an Actor presented during the 8th Golden Screen Awards by the Entertainment Press Society and the New Movie Actor of the Year award during the 27th PMPC Star Awards for Movies.


• • •


Amy Perez, Manila Bulletin

Amy Perez



Amy Perez Says Goodbye to TV5


About Amy Perez’s decision to leave TV5, her home studio for many years while hosting “Face to Face,” hereunder is the official statement of the Kapatid Network:


“TV5 Management and Ms. Amy Perez have mutually agreed to part ways. TV5 respects the decision of Ms. Perez to leave the Network due to personal reasons. She had been a valuable talent of TV5. We wish her well and the best of luck in all her endeavors.”


• • •


Tidbits: Happy b-day greetings today, Sept. 25, go to Sen. Bong Revilla, Bobby Velasco of Café de Malate, Carla Martinez, Sandra Garcia, Salvador Bigay, Guia Castillo, Tess Lapuz-Lardizabal, Jimmy Vicente, Cory Elizabeth Endozo, Aldin B. Pastrano, Edwin Galvez, Jun Nardo, Carlo Guevarra, Alex Roces, Angelo Luis Manlapaz, Mercy S. Duran, Ellaine Amora, Enj Millar, Jelo Honrado, and Orlando Q. Yaneza of SEC… Happy wedding anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Ernie Pilapil…








Lovi Poe feels blessed to be part of ‘Sana Dati’

Source: Mb.com.ph (September 24, 2013 at 10:00PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment