Malaysian star Carmen Soo is back in the Philippines to promote the internationally acclaimed film “Alagwa” co-starring lead actor Jericho Rosales.
Recall that Carmen made name on local TV via 2008’s “Kahit Isang Saglit.” Prior, Carmen used to be the cover girl for different magazine in other countries after realizing her talent in acting.
In a live interview on “Bandila,” Carmen revealed what she misses most in the Philippines.
“So many things… (I miss) the food, my friends,” she told host Boy Abunda.
Asked what favorite Filipino dishes she likes, Carmen exclaimed, “I love adobo and pinakbet! That’s my favorite and I can eat them everyday.”
Unable see her friends for a while, Carmen admitted that she really looked forward to coming back to the country. “I made a lot of very good friends here and I kept in touch with most of them… When I was here, they were like my family as I was away from home,” she said.
Although she was away for a year, Carmen said she still understands Tagalog. “Yes, but I think I’m better in understanding (Tagalog) when someone is speaking it. I still know all the words, you know.”
“Alagwa” held its premiere night on Monday during which Carmen had to leave the screening in order to make it to the live interview.
“I’m so inggit kasi halfway (of the movie) I told them, ‘I have to go,’” Carmen shared, adding that she is very proud of “Alagwa.”
Busy actress
Despite juggling projects in the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia, the 35-year-old actress is looking more radiant and it seems she has lost weight, noted Abunda.
Asked how she manages the balancing act, Carmen said, “I don’t know… I started coming to the Philippines about five years ago and I was here a lot very intensely. And because of that, it’s just a sort of taking some time off Malaysia and Singapore. So some years (after), I’ve decided, ‘Okay let’s just be home more’ and do more work in Malaysia and it’s really depending, for example, where there is work, I’ll be in Singapore or Malaysia.”
In the same “Bandila” interview, Carmen shared that she has just finish with a film in Singapore titled “Ghost Child.”
“It’s a Chinese movie, a Mandarin film. I don’t speak Mandarin, I speak Cantonese, so I had to memorize everything like what I do with Tagalog,” she said.
Carmen hopes to do another teleserye in the Philippines after “Kahit Isang Saglit.”
In a recent interview with Bulletin Entertainment, Jericho said he is happy to be working again with former leading lady and good friend Carmen. He added that the latter knows of his engagement to TV host Kim Jones and that she even congratulated him upon hearing the news.
Carmen Soo reveals what she misses most in PH
Source: Mb.com.ph (October 08, 2013 at 02:02PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment