Pop rock trio Paramita – composed of drummer-vocalist Ria Bautista, guitarist Marco de Leon, and bassist Alsey Cortez – has formally disbanded.
“Hi guys! Most of you may have noticed that the band hasn’t been playing gigs lately well, I’m afraid I have some sad news.. After 9 years and 3 albums, I have decided to let Paramita go,” the band’s founding member Ria announced on the band’s official Facebook page on Thursday, Oct. 10.
According to her, “the decision did not come easy” and that she “gave the idea much deliberation and thought. In the end, the need for growth as an artist and musician prevailed.”
She said she wants “to try new things, experiment, collaborate, and challenge myself once more. I want to go back to basics, stripped of everything, be vulnerable and let the music take center stage. I want to remain true to myself, my bandmates, and you, our loyal fans…”
Ria describes the breakup as “painful, almost unthinkable, especially to me, but it has to be done, and there is no other person to do this task but me, for I started Paramita and it is fitting that I be the one to end it.”
She pointed out that although they are going to part ways as bandmates, Marco, Alsey and her “are still very much good friends in fact, our friendship even grew stronger after I told them about my decision.”
Ria also clarified that the dissolution doesn’t mean the end of each of their music careers, stating that “Marco has a couple of projects with Alsey and they’re gigging actively around the metro (and) I, on the other hand, plan to pursue a solo career, release a solo album, and collaborate with some of the local scene’s young, aggressive, and talented artists.”
In the end, she thanked fans “for giving life to Paramita.”
“I said this numerous times and I’ll say it again: I never dreamed of having thousands of fans, playing huge rock concerts, and signing autographs. My dream was to make music, play some gigs, and have a handful of followers who are passionate about the music I make. Thank you for making that dream come true… We love you all.”
Paramita gained ground in the local music scene with their single “Hiling,” which spent three weeks in the No. 1 spot on NU 107’s “Midnight Countdown” and was among the station’s Top 3 Songs of 2005.
Goodbye, Paramita
Source: Mb.com.ph (October 12, 2013 at 02:53PM)
Continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment