Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christmas nears but be sensitive of the times – Martin Nievera

Martin Nievera (Photo by Marjorie S. Duran)

Martin Nievera (Photo by Marjorie S. Duran)



As one of his hits goes, Christmas won’t be the same for Concert King Martin Nievera this year in light of the “Yolanda” calamity.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to complain ever again, I don’t think I’ll be able to over-exceed my limit anymore because of what I see (in the Visayas),” he told Bulletin Entertainment in an exclusive interview right after the “Stars of Joy, Stars of Hope” charity concert in Glorietta recently.


He suggests that this should be an “IOU” Christmas for Filipino people, meaning, “Next Christmas, ‘I Owe You’ a gift, this Christmas let’s give it to the people in the Visayas.”


Though some might think of his “IOU” idea as an excuse to not give presents, the singer said “I’m speaking for a nation of people who probably feel guilty having fun at Christmas.”


However, the singer-songwriter, clarifies that whatever happens, there’s no stopping anyone from celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, even in the simplest way possible.


“You can’t stop Christmas, andiyan talaga ’yan… no matter what happens, there will be puto bumbong (even) in every city (in the Visayas) as well,” said he.


Despite that it is “hard not to open a gift and get something that you really want this Christmas, something expensive, something really cool,” a little sacrifice won’t hurt, especially when “the people (in the Visayas), all they need is a bottle of water.”


The Kapamilya artist added: “If I can afford to buy an Xbox Galore, then I can afford to give that money to where it should go.”


Talk of faith


Martin thinks that after “Yolanda” buried houses under muddy water and killed thousands of life in the Visayas, faith will keep people going.


“Religion is important always but I think more than religion, there should be faith.”


For him, this is not the season of blaming the government but giving the “best of yourself.”


“(The relief operation) is never gonna be fast enough, we can’t blame anyone right now… I don’t care whose name is in the plastic bag, I don’t care if it gets there too slow for as long as it gets there in fresh and new, not spoiled and not in everyone’s awful clothes (or) torn up shoes,” said he.


Concert for a cause


Martin is touched by the sufferings of his kababayans that he decided to make his concert on Nov. 22, one for a cause to benefit the victims of “Yolanda.”


“This is a small way of doing my share. We just want to be able to help in any way we can. My heart goes out to them all.”


The hitmaker showed his audience why his artistry endures during his concert last Sept. 13 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, with his humorous ways of entertaining the crowd. The same can be expected in “3D (Tatlong Dekada)” concert in the same venue.






Christmas nears but be sensitive of the times – Martin Nievera

Source: Mb.com.ph (November 20, 2013 at 02:42PM)

Continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment